Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Expedit Bookshelf


I am in desperate need of a bookshelf or two as my selection of books for Our Little Place grows. 
But as I am starting a new business, I am on the search for something that is cost effective, practical 
to fill the need but also look good! 


I've been going back and forth with the infamous Ikea Expedit bookshelf. 
So I went on the search for some images that may help with the decision.

 

I think the above image is the decider  for me.
The whole office space is beautiful, clean lined, modern but still warm. 
I also really like how they have made the smaller units more substantial by
 layering them above each other - perfect!

 

 

 

 

Laying one down horizontally also looks great and will give me a space to place 
the larger format books that won't fit into the shelves.

 

 

What do you think?


all images via pinterest

5 comments:

  1. Sarah, I love all of those images you found of the Expedit bookcase in action! I would definitely go with that option if I were you, and you can style it and make it your own! I'm sure it will look fab when you're done! (post pics!!)
    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspiration piccies! I love the expedit. It's great quality, well priced and looks fab styled in a multitude of ways. I have 8 units, some the 4x2 and others the 4x4 size. They're in each of the children's rooms, the study and the temporary kitchen as we build. I recommended them to a friend who had my hubby (her builder) build 3 x them into her lounge to look like a custom wall of storage.Look fantastic! Highly recommend! x kl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the black one (4x4) in my study and I use the bottom row as storage with black boxes hiding a lot of crap. Good for keeping things out of sight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a couple of these in our house. Highly suggest them.

    Memoirs & Mochas

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the largest one in black as a lot of my ornaments are white I wanted them to pop against the dark wood. Its sturdy and has heaps of room for my boxes and magazine holders and then cubes for your books and to make pretty displays. Best value and pretty good quality as far as Ikea goes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I LOVE reading your comments!